Too long have I been afraid;
Too long have I lived in the darkness!
Too long have I followed what others say because my words don't matter to them!
But NOT anymore;
Today, I stand;
Today, I pray to Allah to give me light so that I may lighten up this darkness around me.
Today, I follow what Allah says and MAKE them hear me!
It's now or never!
Today, I find myself!
Today, I discover the reason of my existence!
Today, I submit my will to the ONE who created me!
Today, I get reborn!
Today, I become a true Muslim!
Omer Shahid's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reborn by Omer Shahid )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- No More Education, Elius Rubby
- If It's Obvious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Five "Sayings" Set To Poetry .., Bri Edwards
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar