Geetima Baruah Sarma
Born to our great motherland India,
We regard you as 'Father of the Nation'.
Your greatness was your simplicity,
Your life was an example of integrity.
You followed the teachings of ‘Gita’,
Kabiguru entitled you ‘Mahatma’.
Gandhiji, we love to call you ‘Bapu’,
We, the nation, pay homage to you.
[Published in ‘iBuzzle’ on 1 October 2013]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Remembering Gandhiji by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer
- आंनि देरा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Oh Israel, Michael Shutt
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker