C. Albert Andrews
Rendezvous In The Rain
My breath on your face
Yours on mine
Fresh as wind
Soft and cool
Walking in the rain
Innocent and pure
Yet your body so warm.
You appear nervous
Like a leaf in the wind
Is it the rain?
Or is it me?
Our minds wrapped in the future
A state of sincere bliss
Our world calm and serene
Rain drops from the heaven
Wash your make-up away.
Jealousy is somewhere
As the raindrops seem angry
They pour with vengeance
As our hearts melt away
Your natural beauty reveals once again.
Your rain soaked clothes
Now, almost transparent
Stick to your body.
Temptation much stronger now.
But it's dark and cold.
I must take my angel home.
An evening we wouldn't forget
Our rendezvous in the rain.
C. Albert Andrews's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rendezvous In The Rain by C. Albert Andrews )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.