Jesus came to give us
more abundant life,
and a little more freedom
from life’s strife.
Saul of Tarsus
ever the company man
and gave us church.
upon them both.
taking pictorial liberty
his power from the stars
Saint Paul from Mars.
I like the stars
that give me hope
of reset at death’s door
the startling depth
of noble Paul's erudition.
the reset comes
have equal hope
for no one truly knows
or if knowledge
can even be the keeper
of such a score.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reset by Bill Grace )
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
- Genetic Predisposition And Violence, Is It Poetry
- Reading a Book, swapna bhattacharya
- Sparky, Rena Thompson
- Self-Portrait, swapna bhattacharya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)