Benign's the space, where time endures
was her embrace - the months of Fall
the earthly flesh where minds enroll
how to behold home's distant moors?
The souls who trusted time's one task,
the night's distressed ascetic stare,
from Southern stars should be aware,
and mistle rainbows of the dusk.
Because in early themes and notes,
became the spirit and response,
one challenge-toast, and golden cross,
in ocean depths, and lucent floats.
Up where the solitude transmits
amid green foliage birds that twirp
two tears remind forgotten stirp,
sea-blue the ribbon she submits.
But with the scintillant of dews,
aglow and sacred is her stare,
sweet rhymes her calls for me to care
lone her transmitted smile imbues.
'Twill be the beaming of a pray,
where ancient calls of springs will make,
love the reflection of the lake
and mountain highs of life's display.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Response by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Pornography of War, Steve Gregory
- Life, Tony Adah
- I Have Wandered In White Kingdoms, mary douglas
- Difference, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Breaking, mary douglas
- Lost Of Ambition, Tony Adah
- Spelling The Things That Drift Away, mary douglas
- I'm Not The Folktune Said The Princess, mary douglas
- Red Velveteen Wouldn't The Rosebuds Wish.., mary douglas
- The Muse In Flight Before The Approachin.., mary douglas