Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Rewrite Poem....Lost and Found
You were lost for an hour...
Then I found
Rose petals along the snow path
Through the woods.
Step by step, I followed your tracks
to the frozen pond,
There you were with that smile,
Hot chocolate in a thermos, and ice
skates for two.
You held a single rose in a homemade
I smiled when you handed it to me.
We skated to music you hummed in my
Suddenly you stopped;
on bended knee
You pulled a little
box from your pocket.
I have never regretted saying yes.
I lost my heart and found you forever,
Dorothy A. Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rewrite Poem....Lost and Found by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon
- No Haiku Haiku (This is not a title!), Brian Johnston
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire