From the bloodless war
Songs of other land we swore
Piercing the ears, heart and face
Like a sword of blue furnace.
An enemy has done this
For emblem without prejudice
The sledge hammer and the bud
The piper and the tune's board.
Make a cinema of reality
Vehicled for posterity
When the goodly presides
And the worn resides
Who bears the consequence?
Still in determined sequence!
The tale of our transoceanics
Tended by no antics
Ovation and accolades
Become wreath on hades
Records of the eaten sole
Reads true massacre of the soul.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rightchoiceness by Tosin Abegunde )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.