ROSE SMELT ME
I smelt a rose… rose smelt Me - I don't know
My Parents said Roses have thorns
I thanked God Thorns have roses
Wow! What a bouquet!
So many roses- I can't keep all
Ouch! A Thorn - mistake of florist!
Pink roses—Red Blood…A drop..will clot.
Thanks friend for the Bouquet!
You gave me to bring cheer- brought a tear!
What you wished let me do here.
Here is rose for you my sister;
My friend dear and for a brother!
I know it will bring cheer.
Most of my Life's Roses
I prefer to give to you all
Roses are so pretty
I can't keep them all
Thorns have roses
That belong to me all
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (ROSE SMELT ME by Tribhuvan Mendiratta )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah
- Layer upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A