Is it really true? Does Roxy54 have some special for me, too?
Roxy rhymns with foxy.54 rhymns with an opened door.
Roxy is short for Roxanne. And October 4,1954 look world out cause here I am!
When I was younger grandmother used to say, 'Roxanne is as foxy as a fox' Since she is worshipping and praising God with the angels on high, I have to ask her again on the day that I die.
I never knew I would grow up to be somebody special to Jesus Christ-
really. I never knew He would love me just as I am.
But, it just happens to be true. Would I ever lie to you?
I grew up believing that I would be a failure in this life.
If you don't beleve me- just ask Jesus Christ.
During those bygone years, I really wanted to be somebody-
I wasn't very happy. And nobody else was glad to be around me.
And there is a certain somebody on this website,
who would indeed, like to see me find another hobby.
But he never gave me any other advice. And now I am
telling you is that very nice?
But what does that have to do with poetry?
I started writng poems to get me through life.
Some of them I even dedicated to Jesus Christ.
But the best was yet to be- when I started my mother
into writing poetry with me. And when she died- she took
a part of me with her! I will see her again, my poetic friends!
We wanted to share our poetry freely with friends and family.
I never dreamed at the time- I would be posting my poetic thoughts on line.
Roxy 54 is more journalizing than poetry.
But after all I gotta be me!
Love as Always,
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/October Country
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Roxy54 by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth