Rushed Marriages - Imagination
Love sends us floating high on the air
endlessly dreaming of a life without care.
Little support beneath us...
as we daintily fly across the sky
towards the magic of 'Gretna Green',
where 'runaway marriage' is the scene.
But dear one,
there's something you don't know ~
rushed marriages ended long years ago,
so darling, come to the dance with me
and wake ye up to reality...
tomorrow we face another day
and love will always find a way.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rushed Marriages - Imagination by Joyce Hemsley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Handsome Guys And Crocodiles, Margaret Alice Second
- Blue!, Ronald Chapman
- A Mistake, Morgan Michaels
- Cold Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- THE WAILING STRIP, Mohamed Yussuf
- Cold Days, Ronald Chapman
- Clouds, Ronald Chapman
- This Night, Neela Nath
- Chuseok Korean Thanksgiving Day (Regional), Ronald Chapman