Rushed Marriages - Imagination
Love sends us floating high on the air
endlessly dreaming of a life without care.
Little support beneath us...
as we daintily fly across the sky
towards the magic of 'Gretna Green',
where 'runaway marriage' is the scene.
But dear one,
there's something you don't know ~
rushed marriages ended long years ago,
so darling, come to the dance with me
and wake ye up to reality...
tomorrow we face another day
and love will always find a way.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rushed Marriages - Imagination by Joyce Hemsley )
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sithandwa sami sokuqala, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngimbonile ufikile uhambile, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngizokulinda ubuye, senzokhaya umhayi
- Zulu lezintandane, senzokhaya umhayi
- JANICE'S DRESS., Terry Collett
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis