Sleeping, eating, reading, talking
Softly, thoughtfully, with sips of wine,
Is how I like to spend my Sabbath days
You with your ideas and I with mine.
Sometimes they coincide, and then we both
Are overjoyed, connecting vocal themes
Of three notes, two, that transform thoughts to books
And we their covers, sewed with seamless seams.
Do not forget these days when I am gone,
And let your elegiac sigh transform to smile
That such a Sabbath was worth living for,
And time connects to time this time awhile.
Linda Hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sabbath by Linda Hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreaming of Happy, Dean Meredith