Will you let me have a glimpse of people?
People on the streets? People sauntering by, people smiling.
People intending to take a right turn,
Suddenly changed the mind and took to the left.
People across the meadows,
Past the shops, cinemas, theatres, Opera houses,
People racing down, people in the cars, bus, tram, train.
How I wish to have a glimpse of them, the procession of people!
Will you let me have a glimpse of them-
Men, women and children in the houses?
Am I to live only with the fluky glimpse of a strip of cloud
Or the streak of sun, penetrating through the chinks of my window?
People, they said are barred out,
I've to live the rest of my life sans people.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sans People by Taslima Nasrin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena
- I wonder, hasmukh amathalal
- Nightmares Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA