Will you let me have a glimpse of people?
People on the streets? People sauntering by, people smiling.
People intending to take a right turn,
Suddenly changed the mind and took to the left.
People across the meadows,
Past the shops, cinemas, theatres, Opera houses,
People racing down, people in the cars, bus, tram, train.
How I wish to have a glimpse of them, the procession of people!
Will you let me have a glimpse of them-
Men, women and children in the houses?
Am I to live only with the fluky glimpse of a strip of cloud
Or the streak of sun, penetrating through the chinks of my window?
People, they said are barred out,
I've to live the rest of my life sans people.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sans People by Taslima Nasrin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thirty-Three Thousand Defeats, Jeff Gangwer
- Penalty Shots, Jeff Gangwer
- Poems without Homes, Jeff Gangwer
- Four Nails, Jeff Gangwer
- Nobody Will Ever Read This, Jeff Gangwer
- Perspective, Hirotsugu Daba
- Please Don't Ask Me, 'How Are You? ', LUVinThe NOW
- "...so I can disappear", Jeff Gangwer
- Ted Bundy's Mine, Jeff Gangwer
- Not a drama, gajanan mishra