Sara, Laura and her
Sara, Laura and her
I walk and talk and I don’t know why
I am lost.
How many ones there; can I get?
How many zeros do I want?
Nearing grass I stop
One, two, three; and I count.
Seem to have my ones; not zeros,
For their right
How many reports can I write?
Can I do poems; or prose?
Ocean is drops; no one counts.
I need the zeros… and zeros
Laura is German and we talk, “German is enough; not Arian! ”
Sara is Jewish; she is young, her getting married and much more …
How many zeros?
I don’t know.
Grass blades I use; are my ones
Snail shells, I choose as zeros
Poems shall I write or fictions or novels?
Which works better, fairy tales; or fables?
Of Sara’s, of Laura’s; also yours,
Also theirs, also mine
How many are they? I don’t know.
I need the zeros; I have ones.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sara, Laura and her by Nassy Fesharaki )
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)