Sara, Laura and her
Sara, Laura and her
I walk and talk and I don’t know why
I am lost.
How many ones there; can I get?
How many zeros do I want?
Nearing grass I stop
One, two, three; and I count.
Seem to have my ones; not zeros,
For their right
How many reports can I write?
Can I do poems; or prose?
Ocean is drops; no one counts.
I need the zeros… and zeros
Laura is German and we talk, “German is enough; not Arian! ”
Sara is Jewish; she is young, her getting married and much more …
How many zeros?
I don’t know.
Grass blades I use; are my ones
Snail shells, I choose as zeros
Poems shall I write or fictions or novels?
Which works better, fairy tales; or fables?
Of Sara’s, of Laura’s; also yours,
Also theirs, also mine
How many are they? I don’t know.
I need the zeros; I have ones.
Nassy Fesharaki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sara, Laura and her by Nassy Fesharaki )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Soon, Michael P. McParland
- So Many Mean People, Michael P. McParland
- The way, Sergio Jaime
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.