Saying Good-Bye To My Therapist
You helped me from the very start
I was discouraged and sad
But through the years with all your help
Now my life is not so bad.
I have made it through many scary things
And you were there to lend an ear
Helping me with suggestions that I took
Which alleviated my fear.
It’s tough to say all I want to say
In conveying how much you’ve meant to me
Most of all I’ve learned from you
How to live my life joyously and free.
Free from sorrow and worry
Free from hurts and pain
You taught me I could be strong
Courage I did gain.
You helped me let go of the past
So I can live well today
You showed me I am worthwhile
And being me is okay.
Taught me to change my thinking
And no longer put myself down
I have left hurtful people
Desiring nice ones around.
I have learned to stand on my own
To be all that I can be
This is what you helped me to do
Now I can be the real me.
It is so hard to say good-bye
To such a caring person like you
But you are wished the very best
For all your good dreams to all come true.
Connie Webb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Good-Bye To My Therapist by Connie Webb )
- discomfiture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Broken Lullabies, Spiritwind Wood
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)