Saying Good-Bye To My Therapist
You helped me from the very start
I was discouraged and sad
But through the years with all your help
Now my life is not so bad.
I have made it through many scary things
And you were there to lend an ear
Helping me with suggestions that I took
Which alleviated my fear.
It’s tough to say all I want to say
In conveying how much you’ve meant to me
Most of all I’ve learned from you
How to live my life joyously and free.
Free from sorrow and worry
Free from hurts and pain
You taught me I could be strong
Courage I did gain.
You helped me let go of the past
So I can live well today
You showed me I am worthwhile
And being me is okay.
Taught me to change my thinking
And no longer put myself down
I have left hurtful people
Desiring nice ones around.
I have learned to stand on my own
To be all that I can be
This is what you helped me to do
Now I can be the real me.
It is so hard to say good-bye
To such a caring person like you
But you are wished the very best
For all your good dreams to all come true.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Saying Good-Bye To My Therapist by Connie Webb )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Venice, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
Poem of the Day
- Joel Osteen = Soldier For The Lord, Tom Zart
- Wake Up, Dreamer, Paula Glynn
- Peace Be Upon You, Michael P. McParland
- My Soul, Michael P. McParland
- Love is Blind, Apolynn Lagaras
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 3, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 2, Michael P. McParland