Sea Sick Punk
Why do people laugh at jokes
About getting rolling drunk,
Why does a smile come on a face
Thinking of a sea-sick punk?
There’s something wrong with our values
That esteems the money spent,
On fermented rocket fuel
That blasts a soul to hell.
Think of accidents on the road
And innocent loss of life,
Let alone descending relationships
And the bruised and tearful wife.
Hospitals full of patients
With bodies that survive unwell,
Brains that are cooked forever
Locked in emotional cells.
There is no positive argument
That esteems a person drinking,
Lets value what gives life
It’s time for a different thinking.
Peter Hall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sea Sick Punk by Peter Hall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery