Secret Torment of Private Abner Tiner
Special day at last?
Understanding psychiatrist - the patient's final mental barrier had passed?
Impossible to previously comprehend this suicidal soldier?
Could not grasp the burden or the suffering he had to shoulder?
Impervious to every prior therapy regimen?
Daring now to go where he had not wearily been?
Expecting the very worst?
Private Abner Tiner would not be the first?
Reaching the deepest recesses of his mind?
Exactly what would he find?
Violence of the cruelest creation?
Extraordinary monstrous transformation?
Nothing was beyond what he would discover?
Then, appreciating the moral morass the minister's son did not want to uncover?
Ironic had been his almost constant combat deployment -
Only desired employment -
Notable for all the killing brought him his SOLE enjoyment!
Hubert Wilson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secret Torment of Private Abner Tiner by Hubert Wilson )
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
- Restoring Common Sense, douglas scotney
- The Treat, Glen Eker
- A Man In Time, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Alchemists, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Black History Our History, THEODORE MOSLEY
- Quick Glance Of Atlanta, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Al-Quds' freedom حرية القدس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Dis poetry, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- De Rong Song, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(15 April 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)