Self Doubt Is A Thing
Have you ever wondered what life's all about
And your worth as a person do you often doubt?
Believe me on that you are not on your own
Self doubt is a thing that so many have known.
Circumstance of birth is like the luck of the draw
And for many at times life is like Murphy's Law
There are days when for you nothing seems to go right
And life at the best of times an uphill fight.
'Tis hard when your best does not seem good enough
But the bravest hang in there when the going gets tough
Those who glorify death believe in their own lie
The will to live greater than the wish to die.
Your better days in life to the forever gone
But the will it is in you for to keep living on
And keep fighting for life till your very last breath
And leave it to others to worry about life after death.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self Doubt Is A Thing by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Fluoride, Paul Cranley
- New Life Begins, Donal Mahoney
- Let us not quote, hasmukh amathalal
- It's Okay, Michael McParland
- I invite you, hasmukh amathalal
- Prelude, Paul Cranley
- Be I Worthy....., Jara Son of Ahaz
- I love but, hasmukh amathalal
- 'FOR ME—WHAT MADE ‘BRYANT MCGILL' TRULY .., Nikhil Parekh
- happy b'day to india's most fascinating .., Nikhil Parekh