When sun is above the horizon
and, the light it spreads reaches our eye
we forget the darkness, and think ourselves be blessed
Sun's power to light the glory world is self respect.
When rain enters our rooftop,
it doesnt ask whether you are rich or poor
the melody of the sweetness is for everybody
you may call it the rains self respect.
Wonderful stars are there in our sky
and they twinkle to make the sky looks like in a wedding gown
and, its sweetness is preserved in the fairy tales,
thats the self respect that the stars have.
when I mingled to write down a poetry,
thinking it to be my only work supported by my passion,
the happiness I get after make people smile,
thats certainly the self respect I give to myself.
Vishal Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self respect by Vishal Sharma )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman