When sun is above the horizon
and, the light it spreads reaches our eye
we forget the darkness, and think ourselves be blessed
Sun's power to light the glory world is self respect.
When rain enters our rooftop,
it doesnt ask whether you are rich or poor
the melody of the sweetness is for everybody
you may call it the rains self respect.
Wonderful stars are there in our sky
and they twinkle to make the sky looks like in a wedding gown
and, its sweetness is preserved in the fairy tales,
thats the self respect that the stars have.
when I mingled to write down a poetry,
thinking it to be my only work supported by my passion,
the happiness I get after make people smile,
thats certainly the self respect I give to myself.
Vishal Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self respect by Vishal Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Peace movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Other name of flower, gajanan mishra
- I Can't Wake Up, Neela Nath
- Fine finish, hasmukh amathalal
- Indian apex, Muhammad Khalid
- Sweet pains, Muhammad Khalid
- Ultimate Freedom!, LUVinThe NOW
- I sort of Hate You, Natalie Evans
- Cage of Anger, Aqua Flower
- Walls, Ariel Farrell