Serena The Wanderer
I have heard that Serena that devil may care
Is picking the pumpkins in North Queensland in Ayr
By coast south of Cairns I've never been there
But I know that Miss Trencher could live anywhere.
Since she left Mt Evelyn a Victorian Town
She has travelled the eastern sea board up and down
She has lived in New Zealand worked on the Gold Coast
And she has been to and worked in more places than most.
To Picture Serena I just close my eyes
And her wild hearty laughter I can visualize
She is such a great character and marvellous to know
And she will make a new friend where ever she go.
She has known some great loves though her loves did not last
And she talks of the future doesn't dwell on the past
And the one from Mt Evelyn that devil may care
Will meet her Mr Right on her travels somewhere.
She is up in north Queensland in land of Sunshine
In Ayr picking pumpkins I've heard through the grapevine
Serena the wanderer who can laugh easily
The woman who loves travel, sunshine and sea.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Serena The Wanderer by Francis Duggan )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- let's not worship anything, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie
- You Keep The Sea, Naveed Akram