The memories haunt,
as I lay there silently.
the hurt ever so present.
with each heartbeat..
I cave in a little more.
The things we used to do..
that filled me up with joy,
leaves me breathless,
into a state of unconsciousness.
Wishing to wipe away the memories,
start off anew,
but your presence haunts me still.
Your heart sticks to me like glue.
Etched in my soul is yours.
it's a new playing field.
damp in my decisions,
the wrong ones I choose to take.
Who cares, I vaguely say.
it's just another day.
the tears stain my pillow.
I walk with my friend sorrow.
my shadow ever so kind..
to lay with me.. loving me tonight.
Subconscious.. why do you hurt.
the thoughts make me weep.
my heart slowly beats.
could I be dying slowly?
yet I smile for the show..
but honestly.. it's my questions I'll never know.
Why am I the one left behind.
when I've given everything,
with nothing left to hide.
perhaps I'm not made for love.
Nor happiness, I assume.
I'll be the server. Of all of you.
Dislocated Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Server by Dislocated Heart )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello