The memories haunt,
as I lay there silently.
the hurt ever so present.
with each heartbeat..
I cave in a little more.
The things we used to do..
that filled me up with joy,
leaves me breathless,
into a state of unconsciousness.
Wishing to wipe away the memories,
start off anew,
but your presence haunts me still.
Your heart sticks to me like glue.
Etched in my soul is yours.
it's a new playing field.
damp in my decisions,
the wrong ones I choose to take.
Who cares, I vaguely say.
it's just another day.
the tears stain my pillow.
I walk with my friend sorrow.
my shadow ever so kind..
to lay with me.. loving me tonight.
Subconscious.. why do you hurt.
the thoughts make me weep.
my heart slowly beats.
could I be dying slowly?
yet I smile for the show..
but honestly.. it's my questions I'll never know.
Why am I the one left behind.
when I've given everything,
with nothing left to hide.
perhaps I'm not made for love.
Nor happiness, I assume.
I'll be the server. Of all of you.
Dislocated Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Server by Dislocated Heart )
- My thoughts amid choas, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Am Alive, Akhtar Jawad
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi