Set The Masses Free
The mark of a society’s success is not the employment
of it population to do mundane and useless work, but
the freedom to pursue leisure. To sit in the park and
read the philosophy and feed the birds. Eradicate work
and set the people free.
We pay people for making useless things like watering
cans made of plastic, a work any robot could do.
For this we continue to produce and deplete the world´s
natural resources, for if we do not consume the world
will come to a standstill, or so we are made to believe.
However, those who produce our sustenance the poor
farmers in India, Africa and elsewhere and regarded as
the lowest of the low, are the true friends of our planet.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Set The Masses Free by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu