She is the Night
She comes to me
under muted moonlight,
leaving fragile footprints
in the soft wet grass.
Night's quiet scent drifts to me gently
hiding in a summer breeze.
She is close.
My heart is alive in my chest,
jumping like a tribal dancer.
I can see the stars in her dark eyes.
Her lips are melted crimson.
Her skin is pale but glowing.
She smiles as she catches my stare.
She is the night.
Beauty with no beginning or end.
For an instant, I'm alone with silence.
Then she surrounds me like a comforting darkness.
I'm floating untethered in her arms.
Her skin is hot.
Her breath is sweet.
Her quiet night sounds
are glowing embers
igniting flames within me.
I am burning.
We are burning.
The night is aflame.
Fire engulfs us
roaring like a captive animal released.
Flames dance across our limbs
upon our skin
and the night explodes in fire and light
thunderous and shaking
thunderous and shaking
trembling in near silence.
The only sounds
are night's whispered sighs,
a siren's song
burnt into my soul.
She is the night,
and the dawn
and all the time that follows.
TP Sage's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She is the Night by TP Sage )
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)