Vasco M. Resendes
she’s barely a woman
She’s barely a woman
said bye to mom and dad
and left her little world
with barely a buck!
now working as a waitress
serving to make a living
she gives - her body for love
to build her little world
she gave love and got pain
and she is barely a woman!
she often cried for love
but after the weekend
they were gone!
she Learned how to give her body
for other then love.
and her Parents
far away not knowing!
crazy for one, Gave to many
now she dresses
in silk and lace
not serving any more!
and her Parents
far away not knowing
that she’s not
barely a woman any more!
Vasco M. Resendes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (she’s barely a woman by Vasco M. Resendes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth