Vasco M. Resendes
she’s barely a woman
She’s barely a woman
said bye to mom and dad
and left her little world
with barely a buck!
now working as a waitress
serving to make a living
she gives - her body for love
to build her little world
she gave love and got pain
and she is barely a woman!
she often cried for love
but after the weekend
they were gone!
she Learned how to give her body
for other then love.
and her Parents
far away not knowing!
crazy for one, Gave to many
now she dresses
in silk and lace
not serving any more!
and her Parents
far away not knowing
that she’s not
barely a woman any more!
Vasco M. Resendes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (she’s barely a woman by Vasco M. Resendes )
- fasten your seat belt, bartender, Mandolyn ...
- For you, dee villa
- Simply Spoken My Ship, Heather Burns
- Love, dee villa
- Thunderstorm By Jet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Grace Diane, Kim Barney
- Just for a day, Ahmed Tawfik
- Aroma Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine And Showers, David Harris
- Love and Fear (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)