M.D DINESH NAIR
Rains and floods of all seasons
Surrender to her shelter home.
Hot flames and drought of all times
Succumb to her shelter home.
It stands with its four doors open
In the heart of the tiny lagoon far off the lands wild.
Care and love are its first two pillars,
And concern and attachment are the other two pillars.
Down the times immemorial her shelter home has stood there
Through the thick and thin of all civilizations!
A shelter home of the righteous mother, sister or daughter
That has four doors open for your entry.
'O man, living in the wild of your fantasy and passion
Come to reside in this shelter home of hers'.
It is in a lagoon of all perfection manifest
And it is built of no brick and mortar.
It is carved out of the stone of suffering
And it is roofed with the feathers of sacrifice.
Her shelter home will stand alone in the lagoon
With a million stars smiling at it all the nights.
Minds and Hearts of men from lands will once
Surely be seeking asylum in this shelter home.
And then with your wild lands turning barren for ever
O man, you will be surrendering to her for ever.
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (SHELTER HOME by M.D DINESH NAIR )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Edward Housman
(26 March 1859 – 30 April 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Sweet Tea!, Edward Kofi Louis
- John Masefield - Vagabundo, Paul Abucean
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo