Make A Wish
you enter the ring on your mount, excited, but determined
' now entering the ring, number 227 ' the announcer calls out
the bell has gone, and off you go
you pick up a steady canter, turning your horse to the first jump
and 3,2,1 and TAKE OFF!
you are up and over the first jump,9 to go.
you cleared all the jumps with inches to spare
now onto the last and hardest jump on course
the triple bar oxer
you steady your horse for the perfect spot
and 3,2,1, and take-off! up and over you are
now galloping to make the time limit of 73 seconds
' number 227 has a time of 70.39 seconds, our class leader'
calls out the announcer exitedly, while i await the ending of my class
as the last rider ends, they announce the winners
' in first place is number 227, Stephanie Bunda on Polkaroo'
i jump exitedly onto my mount, trotting in to accept my trophy
now that is what showjumping is all about!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Show Jumping by Make A Wish )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Poem of the Day
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra