Though many may say they suffer of low self esteem
Shy people are good people to me it does seem
As they do not advertise themselves in the Corporate World out there
The humble at heart are becoming more rare.
Shy people are people who don't drag others down
As many do in their great lust for renown
They trample on others new heights to attain
How low can one go for a little self gain?
When stories of their achievements with strangers they openly share
The loud mouthed types I find hard for to bear
But shy people you will find are not that way
At what they are good at they'd rather not say.
You loud mouthed windbag others you may impress
When you tell them the story of your life's success
And though credit should be given to where credit is due
The one who says little is far greater than you.
For them sad to say there's never an encore
They have little to say so them we tend to ignore
But I like shy people in their own quiet way
And when they do speak I do heed what they say.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shy People by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Hidden man, casmire Emeribe
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)