Like a tranquilizer it weakens man
It could render you immobile.
Like a scorpion sting it pierces my skin.
Will i bask in the reality of uncertainty.
Where men go and contemplate on their return.
It makes giants fragile and their desire
To conquer are conquered.
Like missiles from Iraq
It destroys the body's system
Creating havoc in Bangkok.
And rendering many homeless in Zimbabwe.
Engulfing destinies like a macrophage.
Giving many a new package.
I wish it could become extinct.
As we wake up it was all cock and bull.
But sickness reveals man's weakness.
Engraving in our lives an indelible mark.
A curse and a blessing in disguise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sickness by tochukwu nwankpa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck