It's been a little too long.
Since I've heard that song.
Now I hear nothing.
Nothing but silence.
But to hear silence, how could that be?
It has a distinct sound.
That cries out to both you and me.
The sound is like none other.
Peace, and tranquility at it's finest.
But to hear silence, do you feel free?
Perhaps, but that's not all.
To hear silence, gives a feeling of awe.
And feelings of nostalgia, pain, comfort, and warmth all at once.
Because to hear silence, makes me, me.
Miranda Lucas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silence by Miranda Lucas )
- The Truth, Tony Adah
- National feeling, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Key to my Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Just want to tell you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I really want to be with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Moon fever, ramesh rai
- Emotions at the door, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- unpredictable love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- The Matyr, Tony Adah
- Los Primeros Días del Otoño, Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(600 - 670)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)