Jon M. Nelson
Silent Water Runs Deep
As the river flows deeply towards the horizon,
It glistens and shimmers reflecting sun.
I listen to the serene sound of the water running by,
Almost like tears flowing I can hear it cry.
For centuries it has been carving out the land,
Changing the landscape the river has had a hand.
The stones are smooth and polished as they're carried away,
This is an unstoppable force and nothing stands in the way.
The silent water runs deep with a powerful undertow,
As the river grabs a hold of you it may not let you go.
It looks calm and peaceful from what you're able to see.
But its powerful grasp underneath may not set you free.
Underneath the surface is where the nightmare lies,
If you get caught in the current no one may hear your cries.
Don't be fooled by its beauty for your soul it may reap,
It seems so calm and peaceful but the silent water runs deep.
Jon M. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Water Runs Deep by Jon M. Nelson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Behind clouds, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Joy, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Life the messenger., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Misconceptions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JULEKALENDER # IX, Gunnar Mo.
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos