Jon M. Nelson
Silent Water Runs Deep
As the river flows deeply towards the horizon,
It glistens and shimmers reflecting sun.
I listen to the serene sound of the water running by,
Almost like tears flowing I can hear it cry.
For centuries it has been carving out the land,
Changing the landscape the river has had a hand.
The stones are smooth and polished as they're carried away,
This is an unstoppable force and nothing stands in the way.
The silent water runs deep with a powerful undertow,
As the river grabs a hold of you it may not let you go.
It looks calm and peaceful from what you're able to see.
But its powerful grasp underneath may not set you free.
Underneath the surface is where the nightmare lies,
If you get caught in the current no one may hear your cries.
Don't be fooled by its beauty for your soul it may reap,
It seems so calm and peaceful but the silent water runs deep.
Jon M. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Water Runs Deep by Jon M. Nelson )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)