Simon is full of glissandi and spondee today
and writes poetry for the literati; that is ok,
it is good to know wonderful words.
I sit on the terrace facing east, a sparrow
has a nest nearby, it sits on the phone line
shrieks without the slightest hint of glissandi,
want me to go away sees me a threat to its eggs.
It never learns saw it last year when it was
protesting my presence. But in the end it realized
I was not a risk and took to sing with much
spondees, impressing it mate.
But Simon is right if we go on ending the habitat
for song birds, we leave crickets to annoy musical
ears, when heralding spring.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Simon´s Sonnet by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher