Sine Qua Non
Guiltworthiness. The essential thing.
Needed prime-mover of the minor gods
Harmonies ring for no maker without you
nor, lacking you, may one blot out and begin again.
Like a child in bed one trembles and yearns
loath to shutter his eyes
at the sign of the least infraction,
as the ember ascends the stair
clenched in the teeth of the Avenger;
holding the key to redress
via harmony, the myriad sins of the world;
lay, in endless waking, supine,
dreaming righteous moon-lit paths
through branches of impropriety;
for whom the Beautiful is only rightly
the absence of wrong's formal embodiment.
'Child-trembling at the end of this accusing finger',
Child, it is you.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sine Qua Non by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What Does A Woman Want, Karen Swenson
- Time is, Nassy Fesharaki
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poetry is My Diamond Bag, Aftab Alam