Single File, March.1x1
There was a family of ants.
Marching single file to the beat of the creamy rock.
They spoke in silence.
Silent nods, gestures, silent expressions.
But mainly silence.
And when the vanilla stone subsided,
They slipped into silent sleep.
And in their slumber, there was no silence.
They would harmonize to the gentle hymns and hums of the serenal crickets.
And when the ethereal musicians retired for the night, they awakened silently with no recollection of the song of the previous night.
They dressed in silent uniforms, and tied their silent shoes.
They ate their silent food, and every day continued their silent routine.
Until one day, one of the ants was tired of silence, and roared.
The other ants cast him out.
And when he lost them, there was no more silence.
But neither was there sound.
Just a terrifying pit.
And the ant went mad.
He had no one to harmonize with at night and awakened strangely from the lack of this.
And the ant realized that it was better living silently with the other ants, but it was too late.
They had all passed away silently together.
Then he had no one to share his silence with.
And the ant slipped into eternal silence alone.
Raffael PonceValencia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Single File, March.1x1 by Raffael PonceValencia )
- Vegas Bikes, Angela K Brown
- Hip Hop Bird, Angela K Brown
- America, Angela K Brown
- Moonly Pride, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Civil Disobedience, Angela K Brown
- Brown Skin, Angela K Brown
- In Spirit With The King, Tone Lyriker
- Knaha Tu Knha Mey! !, Amitava Sur
- Lagacy of a Wave, Bill Cantrell
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns