Mostly up the creek
But can’t go over
the waterfall – siphoned off
One too many opportunists
Took one paddle – circling.
Today – a new playbook
No rules – just riot
Each facet identified & attacked
Breath not caught – exhausted
Priorities high & dry.
New – best foot forward
Two steps back – siphoned
Try & run – gambit
Ask – okay now what
am I doing wrong?
Will never give up
though – whatever it takes
Go around, under, over
or through – will not
Will not be defeated!
Robert Sheridan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Siphoned by Robert Sheridan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque