Lie there, and trust me, as you turn your back
And fall asleep as swiftly as a mouse
Eyed by a rattlesnake.
Lie there, and trust me as I watch your back
For predators and spiders in the house,
Spying at midnight.
Yet in the darkness you rise up and face the dark
While I oblivious lie like the dead,
Dreaming of flying.
Lie there, you think, and trust me as I trusted you,
And wake to praise the Dawn each day alive,
hamachazir neshamot lifgarim meitim
Linda Hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleeping With by Linda Hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas
- Reasons for Defeat, Maurice Whyte
- Meadow, Aftab Alam
- Desirable Someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Caged Bird, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Rainbows, Phil Soar
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma