Jon M. Nelson
Standing at attention, He looks so still.
No one would guess, he was trained to kill.
He fights for his country, and defends it with pride.
And proudly remembers past heroes who’ve died.
He shows respect in many ways.
He fights to make sure our freedom stays.
He does his job the best he can,
He works harder than a normal man.
He’s not afraid to do what’s right,
He’s always ready for any fight.
His family is proud of the job he does.
He’s twice the man he once was.
When it comes to bravery, there is no bolder,
He’s brave, and proud to be a soldier.
Jon M. Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soldier by Jon M. Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma
- Disagreeing With Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Outer Limits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Keep simply cool, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -31, Ronjoy Brahma
- Folds Of Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hey dipstick, this is for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra