Some Kind of Animal (Edited)
men are a messed up animal, abuse is a a one way street.
a one way street with no dead end in sight.
savage and bloodthirsty, we are a breed of irate consequences.
we are tied to a leash of filth.
we yearn for sex like a tasty dangling wishbone
chained to a post with a pathetic 50 dollar hooker.
the collar we wear is an inseparable cruelty and filth is an inescapable disease.
men are a messed up animal, cross us and you'll learn to regret it.
we chew up the scraps of our savaged existence. A man desires what he cannot have.
not everything is absolute, boyfriends and husbands are temporary
and are nothing but a mild hindrance.
if we desperately crave someone enough, there is no where they can hide
there is no collar, leash or cage that can contain us, we are the hunger within us.
survival of the fittest just became a dog eat dog world.
men are a messed up animal, force us to change and we'll ravage your sweet innocence
you'll be gasping for air before we rip you to shreds, come look at the animal you've let us become,
we aren't as sweet and adorable as we once were, you're the animal now.
nature has reversed its course on us, the tables have turned now
you are the animalistic savages slaving our humanity
its time for you to wear the collar of degradation.
men are a messed up animal, we are the brutality of a junkyard dog.
thrashing the trepidation that which once lived within us.
we prey on the terror drenched in your eyes, you fall victim to our Viciousness.
Men are a messed up animal, we snort and we hiss in irate fury
we are your only nightmare, pure hatred without hate.
go ahead, whine and moan it won't help you here.
men are a messed up animal, malicious hell hounds bent on ravaging your sweet frail humanity
to transform your civility into the barbarous dog you once were.
Micah Krahn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by Micah Krahn
Comments about this poem (Some Kind of Animal (Edited) by Micah Krahn )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty
- Light a fire, gajanan mishra