James Whitcomb Riley
Some Scattering Remarks Of Bub's
Wunst I looked our pepper-box lid
An' cut little pie-dough biscuits, I did,
And cooked 'em on our stove one day
When our hired girl she said I may.
_Honey's_ the goodest thing--Oo-_ooh_!
And blackberry-pies is goodest, too!
But wite hot biscuits, ist soakin'-wet
Wiv tree-mullasus, is goodest yet!
Miss Maimie she's my Ma's friend,--an'
She's purtiest girl in all the lan'!--
An' sweetest smile an' voice an' face--
An' eyes ist looks like p'serves tas'e'!
I _ruther_ go to the Circus-show;
But, 'cause my _parunts_ told me so,
I ruther go to the Sund'y School,
'Cause there I learn the goldun rule.
Say, Pa,--what _is_ the goldun rule
'At's allus at the Sund'y School?
James Whitcomb Riley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some Scattering Remarks Of Bub's by James Whitcomb Riley )
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
- Jadavpur University Campus Is Not For Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Females have, hasmukh amathalal
- Restaurant Salad, James Merchant
- Social consequences, hasmukh amathalal
- this joy 'S', noel maddock
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)