Something To Think About
I know that the world has this view
Of some sort of God that rules all
I have my own view
Of a man that doesn't destroy
But of a man that asks us to do good
Because he himself is good
He would never ask us to go to war
Over him or for him
Or a friend or associate
He would say, 'Smile to your fellow people and be happy.'
He sees a man with an angry look on his face
A man who is content with his own anger and says,
'Smile and be happy, you are alive. Wash off that face.'
Whatever happened to our blissful happiness?
Whatever happened to the simple things in life?
Has life really become this complicated?
Rise and live and don't worry where worry doesn't belong
Go forth and spread this good news
Because your God would want you to
Cokbod Lodwogo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something To Think About by Cokbod Lodwogo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra