Inviting the influence of a young lady upon the opening year
You wear the morning like your dress
And are with mastery crown’d;
When as you walk your loveliness
Goes shining all around:
Upon your secret, smiling way
Such new contents were found,
The Dancing Loves made holiday
On that delightful ground.
Then summon April forth, and send
Commandment through the flowers;
About our woods your grace extend,
A queen of careless hours.
For O! not Vera veil’d in rain,
Nor Dian’s sacred Ring,
With all her royal nymphs in train
Could so lead on the Spring.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song by Hilaire Belloc )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sun Rise -The Hope, Aftab Alam
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Love is really bliss, gajanan mishra
- Winter Song, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Words, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A Song Of Earth, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- A COMPARISON BETWEEN BAD PEOPLE AND GOOD.., MOHAMMAD SKATI