Song In Spite Of Myself
Never love with all your heart,
It only ends in aching;
And bit by bit to the smallest part
That organ will be breaking.
Never love with all your mind,
It only ends in fretting;
In musing on sweet joys behind,
too poignant for forgetting.
Never love with all your soul,
for such there is no ending;
though a mind that frets may find control,
and a shattered heart find mending.
Give but a grain of the heart's rich seed,
Confine some undercover,
And when love goes, bid him God-speed,
and find another lover.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song In Spite Of Myself by Countee Cullen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SUICIDE, maqsood hasni
- I SAW A LAND, maqsood hasni
- NOT FOR SILVER OR GOLDEN COINS, maqsood hasni
- Galoot, Mae AC.
- Lament of a Bureaucrat, Ananta Madhavan
- my boat is on your shore, Mandolyn Davidson
- our friendship is a third world country, Mandolyn Davidson
- Taking The Time Does Count, Margaret Moran
- Us, Aaron Waingrow
- Some Formulas To Be University Teachers, Bijay Kant Dubey