Thomas Lovell Beddoes
Song: Yes, Mary Ann
Yes, Mary Ann, I freely grant,
The charms of Henry's eyes I see;
But while I gaze, I something want,
I want those eyes -- to gaze on me.
And I allow, in Henry's heart
Not Envy's self a fault can see:
Yet still I must one wish impart,
I wish that heart -- to sigh for me.
Thomas Lovell Beddoes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song: Yes, Mary Ann by Thomas Lovell Beddoes )
- Vespers, Naveed Khalid
- A Walk In The Twilight, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love, Naveed Khalid
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- The Nebbish's Flash of Insight, Lawrence Beck
- Incorporeal, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid