Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
I knew of a poem that has such a sonic
'Hey sonny! He gaped' I remember he did panic
Even his sorcerer's ward connived with the sonorous link.
An old clumsy clue in finding a clove of garlic.
Searching the garden a garrulous creature 'Garter snake', he kicked.
Pass Mr. Snake! Your blood as cold as snow's ice
Suddenly, sonny spoke slowly; 'some snake sing sweet sorcerers' song'.
Shortly, Garter sang its song 'ARABIC FRUIT FOR PICK'.
'Hey Sonny! ' Something spoke; 'what's your desire for the technique? '
'Sonnet! ' He replied. The rustic bird has such a music
The rustic bird ought to have seen the clove of garlic
'Rustic bird rustic bird', the snake cried out for garlic.
The birds flapped their wings and danced to garlic sonnet
Sonnet was it and there was the clove of garlic.
Topic of this poem: sonnet
Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet by Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 March 1819 – 1889)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak