Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet: Amazing Growth
The tree-trunk cut flush to the soil surface
Has branches sprouting new, those grow with speed;
Amazingly, revengefully in pace,
That far exceeds that seen from any seed!
All wild plants cut grow luxuriantly fast,
Much faster than fruit trees those were razed down;
All vices stopped return worse than in past,
But virtues lost are like a meadow gone!
Vine twigs trimmed put forth branches with fruits more,
With aim to better bear in lesser time;
When trials, tribulations and strife pour,
Man’s mind, heart, spirit, soul become sublime!
Like gardener pruning plants for better yield,
The soul with grace becomes God’s glorious field!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 22-07-2013
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.