Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Be Optimistic
Give me some wood and I will make a boat;
Give me more wood and I will build a ship;
Give me the cloth and I will stitch a coat;
Give me the years and I will make friendship.
Give me just mud and I will build a hut;
Give me cement and multi-storeys rise;
Give me my crosses; I'll keep my mouth shut;
Give me more sufferings, I'll keep of vice.
Give me courage to do away with strife;
Give me a job to earn my livelihood;
Give me the chances to succeed in life;
Give me the love I need in my childhood.
Give me something, I'll do accordingly;
Give me a spouse or I will live singly!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Be Optimistic by Dr John Celes )
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal