Dr John Celes
Sonnet (Iambic Tetrameter) : God’s Wisdom is Unfathomable!
God gives the sun and rain for all;
Most criminals are spared the rod;
God raises men up when they fall;
At times, God’s logic seems quite odd!
The fairest judge is God, Most High;
We feel so miserable on earth,
When innocents are harmed or die;
We fail to know purpose of birth.
When truth prevails, the world looks great;
When lies succeed, life’s meaning’s gone;
Each man decides his earthly fate;
In times of strife, no man’s alone!
With God, all things are possible;
By mere man’s strength, impossible!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright by Dr John Celes 27-05-2013
Comments about this poem (Sonnet (Iambic Tetrameter) : God’s Wisdom is Unfathomable! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- THAT UGLY GENOCIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Parallel Cathedral, Tom Sleigh
- Pleasant fruit, gajanan mishra
- Prime Truth - 28, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Offer, claudia Battams
- Down Side Stream, George Egba
- Start fighting, gajanan mishra
- The Palentine Plight! ! !, Samudeen M.A. Ilimu
- Sky for Stained Bandages, Fritz Ward
- Ice-house, gajanan mishra