Dr John Celes
Sonnet: On Anger
Remember Man that Anger is futile!
Restrain your temper bad when ‘fumes’ arise;
Apologize if guilty, in high style,
And write your Anger off or play it nice.
Mere counting helps to dissipate Anger;
But slamming doors and raving mad aren’t right;
Poetry puts the ‘plane’ into hanger!
When Anger comes, Man loses his insight.
The more you write, the stinging tone gets less;
The balls you smash will fall away off-court;
Painting, cartooning help Anger harness;
Just hold your temper making it your forte!
An action rash in angry mood too fails;
When calm returns, a better sense prevails.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: On Anger by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Gedicht in een doekje, Madrason writer
- To Marian Haddad, -A Token Of Friendship., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- When the Colors Change, W.F.D. BLCK
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin