Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Put Your Trust in God
The God who brought you up to this extent,
Has other plans for you in future too;
So, never doubt his mysterious intent;
He does what’s best and when ’tis time for you.
Go, put your trust in God and do all things;
The future is promisingly brighter;
There is no better choice for us, earthlings;
God makes our earthly burdens seem lighter.
So, pray with all your mind and soul and heart;
God is ready to help His loved creatures;
Just do your duty; God will do His part;
Love your enemies; pray for your preachers.
Give God His rightful place; nothing goes wrong;
And if it does sometimes, sing Him a song.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Put Your Trust in God by Dr John Celes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(23 November 1920 - 20 April 1970)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 7, 1943)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...