Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Sonnet- the Condom
Thanks to the latex-sheath that man has made!
His sex remains safer, quite natural;
But human STD’s can never fade;
Condoms are messy, costly and mural.
Through circumcision, man removes ‘fore-skin’!
And mutilates the female genitals!
And machines vend condoms to kith and kin;
As though it can protect all guys and gals.
Is not the condom unphysiological?
And youngsters blow it up like a balloon!
Who cares if it gives way, illogical?
Man says ’tis not a bane; it is a boon.
The latex sheath has helped adultery;
And keeps the fleshy trade going merry!
Poet Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.