Dr John Celes
Sonnet: To Shakespeare, With Love
O Bard of Avon – Poet Shakespeare!
You shook the world by painting with your words;
What plays, you wrote enacting them well, dear!
The music was echoed by even birds.
‘To be or not to be’, was one question;
How well you wrote the play in acts and scenes!
Yes, drama, poetry was your prime passion;
Your romance spewed forth magic upon teens.
Your sonnet-spree allured most poetic minds;
The structured style with rhyme sequence was great;
Good metre, melody, it always finds;
With ease you made them to appeal till date.
O Bard of fame, who stood the test of time!
You made the world of literature, sublime.
Fondly dedicated to the eminent poet-dramatist of England
By Dr John Celes, Indian Poet and Sonneteer
Copyright by Dr John Celes 22-09-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: To Shakespeare, With Love by Dr John Celes )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson