Dr John Celes
When trust is lost, how can things move forward?
When love is lost, how can friendship remain?
When hope is lost, living remains awkward;
When fairness lost, most men could turn insane!
When wealth is lost, it could be well regained;
When health is lost, life is only a bane;
When virtues lost, nothing is truly gained;
When peace is lost, dialogue must start again.
When mind is lost, how can one ever feign?
When man is lost, to trace him is quite sane;
When Will is lost, no man can live or reign;
When God is lost, all things we do in vain.
When soul is lost, the fear of Hell awaits,
And fail do we to enter Heaven’s gates!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: When by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta